Questions and answers
Visit in the tower
- When can the tower be visited?
Current opening hours:
Friday 10-18 hrs Saturday 10-20 hrs Sunday 10-18 hrs Public holidays 10-18 hrs
Current information on changed opening hours can be found at Your Visit.
- Online ticket purchase per e-mail / spam filter settings
- In the case of online ticket purchase, your tickets are sent per e-mail. Check the settings of your spam filter so that you can receive the tickets. Allow unknown senders and attachments as PDF.
Detailed information on how to set your spam filter when using a T-Online e-mail address can be found here.
- How can different weather conditions affect your visit?
- In extreme situations, e.g. strong winds, hurricanes, ice formation etc., the outer ring of the platform can be blocked for safety reasons, if necessary the entire tower. We want to ensure maximum safety for our visitors at all times. Experience has shown that even weather conditions with rain can involve lovely views. However, we are unable to make any precise forecasts. These are subjective assessments anyway. People assess corresponding situations differently.
- Expiration of vouchers
- You can purchase vouchers during opening hours directly at our box office in the thyssenkrupp Test Tower in Rottweil or order them online via the internet. A ticket or voucher is always valid for one person. If you order vouchers online, proceed as follows: go to the page "Tickets", "Purchase Tickets". Set a check mark at "Voucher". Select the desired type of ticket (adults, children, schoolchildren, students, military, disabled) and the number of tickets (maximum of 8 per type of ticket). Start the payment process.
The vouchers are only printed with the type of ticket, i.e. whether this is a single ticket for adults or a ticket with concession. In addition, the reference "Voucher" is printed. The vouchers can be redeemed at any time within 12 months.
- I have not received my tickets
If you have not received your tickets with 6 hours of placing your order, you can download them online.
The download is possible as soon as payment of the tickets has been confirmed by our payment system.
To do so, open our Download page and follow the instructions.
Rottweil as a location
- Why was Rottweil chosen?
- Our elevator plant in Neuhausen a.d. Fildern means that we feel we have a close relationship with Baden-Württemberg. The central location not far from this site, the integration in the high-tech belt all around Stuttgart, the political support from Lord Mayor Broß and the town council, as well as the broad acceptance among the population were decisive for Rottweil.
- Why not have a tower in Neuhausen a.d. Fildern?
- The thyssenkrupp elevator plant in Neuhausen a.d. Fildern is 75 kilometres away. The construction of such a tower there is not possible owing to the proximity of Stuttgart Airport
- How has the town skyline changed?
- The historical town skyline of Rottweil remains unchanged, as the planned enclosure is around 1.5 kilometres away from the old town.